Last weekend was Emmett’s first trip to the Jersey shore! The three of us headed down for a couple of days with my parents, and despite my fear that he was going to hate the sand and the ocean, he completely pulled through and loved every minute of it. Apparently, all you have to do is plop that kid down in the sand, give him a shovel, and he’s good to go.
Here’s a video of Emmett with dad and Nana, letting the ocean waves wash over his piggies (AKA toes) and jabbering about who knows what…
Thanks to Nana and GranD for planning such a fabulous long weekend at the Jersey shore!
Fore more pictures from our trip, check out the Jersey Shore set on Flickr.
Age Timer: 19 months, 1 week
Admittedly, a lot of my free time lately has been taken up by wedding planning (awesome for me, not so great for my blog readers). I’m sure any mom understands this, but having a kid (or kids) makes it extremely difficult to find time to do everything you wish you could. Luckily, I’ve been able to motivate myself to squeeze running into my schedule (I used to be a pretty dedicated runner before I got pregnant), and as I said, with the wedding planning, unfortunately my blog has taken a back seat. Not that I’m going to convert my blog into a place for wedding chatter in any sense, but for those interested, the wedding planning is going along quite swimmingly. We have the venue, the date, the officiant, a wedding website and I even found the dress!
I’ve partially justified my lack of blogging by the fact that Emmett isn’t hitting the milestones as freqently as he did as a baby. Still, there have definitely been some developments:
- He’s been all about the babbling for quite some time, but he has also been slightly behind on his vocabulary. Lately though, he’s really been excelling on the talking front. He can now say hi, bye, dad, one, two, blue, choo choo, ball, wow, wee and eye. Am I forgetting anything, James?
- He’s developing quite a little sense of humor. He fakes sneezes when we sneeze, and he’s just a goofball in general.
- He loves to dance. Like — loves it. He dances whether or not there’s music, and I’m pretty sure he’s already a better dancer than I am. This kid’s got moves. I can’t wait to catch him on video.
- He now weighs about 28 lbs, and he’s half an inch shy of 3 feet tall.
- He likes to swim. We’ve been taking parent-toddler swim classes at the Fitness and Recreation Center at Boston University, and he’s definitely a fan.
Also, can you believe Emmett is already a year and a half old? It’s unreal …
Age Timer: 18 months, 3 weeks